You are unique. You are special. You make our studio complete!
For Our Dancers: The first step to becoming a successful dancer is making a solid commitment to your classes, rehearsals, and performances. Strong technique is a key ingredient and class is where you develop that technique. Come to each class prepared to learn and without personal distractions. Class time is your chance to focus on yourself, so try to leave your concerns or worries at the studio door. True progress is made when you look at each class, rehearsal, or performance as an opportunity to become better at what you love to do. Dance full out, stretch a little further, become more aware of your technique, and make the most of every class. Respect for the teachers and choreographers you work with is essential. Listen to each correction given, whether it’s directed to you or another dancer. A correction is an honor; it shows you how much a teacher cares about your progress as a dancer. Always say thank you when a teacher or choreographer offers you constructive criticism. Nothing can stop those students who apply themselves in every class and appreciate their teachers’ knowledge and experience.
Rehearsals: All rehearsals are dedicated to choreography or “cleaning” the choreography. A dancer who misses a rehearsal holds back the progress of the entire group. Repeating the choreography from a previous session for those who were absent takes up valuable rehearsal time, which could result in a performance that is not up to par. When we clean choreography, we may also change it. Dancers who miss a cleaning session may not be properly prepared for the upcoming performance and could end up letting themselves, their team, or the school down. Class is not a time to social with friends or practice. Come to class focused and prepared for the day by arriving on time, in uniform, and with a can-do approach.
Performances: Performances are your opportunity to show the world the results of your dedication and hard work. To make the most of this opportunity: Arrive at performances at least one hour prior to the scheduled time, unless otherwise advised by your teachers. Be sure you are properly warmed up. Present yourself in a professional manner, with costumes pressed, shoes cleaned, and all accessories accounted for. Go out there and show the audience how much you love to dance! True progress is made when you look at each class, rehearsal, or performance as an opportunity to become better at what you love to do.
Student Rules of Conduct
• We shall arrive to class on time.
• We shall not chew gum or bring food or drink into the studio.
• We shall carry dance shoes in a dance bag.
• We shall wear a clean and neat uniform for each class.
• We shall label all dance shoes and dance gear with our full names.
• We shall keep the lobby and dance studio neat.
• We shall keep our cell phones off or on mute while in dance class.
• We shall have our hair secured off our face and neck before class.
• We shall use a deodorant daily and refrain from wearing jewelry to class.
• We shall keep good conduct and quiet voices in the lobby.
• We shall go to the bathroom before class.
• We shall keep our hands off the mirrors.
• We shall speak respectfully to the teachers and to one another.
• We shall not make unnecessary conversation or noise while in class.
• We shall not sit down during class unless instructed by the teacher.
• We shall not miss class except for valid reasons.
• We shall practice at home and be prepared for class even if absent the week prior.
• We shall be positive and proceed with a “can do “attitude.
• We shall politely ask dance – related questions in class.
• We shall not compare ourselves to anyone but ourselves.
• We shall use strong arms, stretched feet, and proper body placement.
• We shall use 100 percent of our energies while in class.
• We shall not gossip or put down other students.
• We shall work well and in unison with other dancers in class.
• We shall use proper language and show good sportsmanship at all times.
• We shall wait inside for our ride.
• We shall bring home all notices and give them to our parents.
• We shall act in the manner of a young lady or gentleman at all times.
• We shall respect our art, our instructors, and our fellow dancers.
• We shall smile, learn, and have fun in each class!